So, you have read about the benefits of using RO water purifiers. You have read about this purification mechanism after getting your water tested in the nearest lab and you have been recommended of using a reverse osmosis filter system.
It is not only the information material but also reviews and comments that have let you know about the best brand and variants of RO water purifiers available in the market or via direct sales. This is exactly what a wise consumer does before buying a product, especially a home consumer durable product. And when it comes to water purifiers, more effort and time is put because health cannot be compromised. With 80% of the diseases in the world being water borne, it is a must to drink water that is purified in advanced water purifiers involving the right mechanism.
When you buy a reverse osmosis filtration system, do consider the storage capacity as well. For a small family a low storage will do and vice versa. Most RO water purifiers that are a bit high on the budget come with advantageous features such as:
- Multi-stage filtration with the use of multiple cartridges in addition to RO membrane
- Micro switch float feature to stop over flow of water
- Auto shut off mechanism, thus saving energy for you
- Manual flush facility, cleaning the cartridge and enhancing its life
- Post taste enhancer for reviving the original taste of water
- TDS reduction to maximum percentage and TDS support facility
- Ease of cleaning the storage tank totally from inside from time to time
- Facility for elimination of tough new-age contaminants.
Of course, there are downsides associated with the reverse osmosis filtration mechanism. But for every purification mechanism, there are both pros and cons. So, it is advisable to go for the highly hi-tech reverse osmosis filtration system of a reputed brand; in such a system, the cons are reduced compared to those that come with simple RO mechanisms.
The biggest downside of using a reverse osmosis filtration system is the amount of water wasted during the filtering process besides the time it takes to purify water. But even that makes sense if your water is high in TDS content. Only the use of such a mechanism will prove effective to ensure that you consume only 100% safe and pure water.